ZIPP 454 NSW CARBON CLINCHER ROAD WHEELSET
Zipp is rooted in Indy’s auto-racing scene. Motorsports engineer Leigh Sargent specialized in the repair, modification, manufacturing, and aerodynamic design of Indy 500 cars. But after examining disc wheels for bicycles in the 1980s, he saw the potential to design something better and faster. He registered Zipp as a trademark and set to work. Zipp’s first product, the disc wheel, is designed for seven-speed freewheels and is available in four colors. These carbon products were designed right alongside auto-racing parts. The goal for each the same: creating Speed Weapons.
Zipp’s all-around Speed Weapon is ideal for fulfilling our sole mission—making you faster. On every terrain. In races, gran fondos, every ride. The 454 NSW, the pinnacle of performance, utilizes a biomimicry-inspired 53/58mm SawTooth rim shape that reduces aerodynamic drag and side force. Every wheelset in the 404 family achieves low aero drag with high crosswind stability to carry athletes to victory or personal bests in every kind of event and situation – every triathlon distance, breakaways, field sprints, and hilly finishes.
- Zipp graphics that scream speed, applied using Zipp’s ImPress™ direct-print technology to help allow the dimples to do what they were designed to do – improve aero performance
- Fast 58mm rim depth, tubeless compatible for increased speed and better cornering, control and comfort
- Cognition™ hubset with Axial Clutch™ technology provides reduced drag when coasting
- ABLC Sawtooth dimple design helps manage air flow around the rim, and contributes to create a faster, more stable wheel
- Industry leading Showstopper RIM Brake track: powerful and consistent braking, even in the wet
- XDR™ or SRAM/Shimano driver bodies available
- Ships with QR end caps, quick release skewers
- Sold as a set only at this price
- Pickup in store only